hammond course, hammond school, hammond instructor, hammond teacher
Hammond course for Hammond fans
At the school, there are 4 electromagnetic Hammond organs (A-100 equivalent to B3/C3, T-200, M-100, TTR-100, all with Leslie cabinet) at your disposal, so you can hone your Hammond playing technique.
The following points will be covered (for example) in the course:
- Working with drawbars and learning world famous registrations
- Mixing between upper and lower manuals
- Typical left hand accompaniments
- The many possibilities of working with the bass pedal Learning famous Hammond hits
- Knowing how to use different percussion
- When to use vibrato and leslie
- Typical Hammond voicings UM/LM
- Enter into the fascinating world of improvisation
- Learn improvisation technique of great Hammond organists like: Rhoda Scott, Barbara Dennerlein, Shirley Scott, Rick van der Linden, Milt Buckner, Jimmy Smith, Brian Auger, Wild Bill Davis, a.s.o.
- Adapting Hammond technique to other electric organs/keyboards
The course instructor himself plays in a traditional jazz trio with the following line-up:
- Hammond organ with bass pedal Clarinet
Therefore any questions regarding arranging and playing on stage can be looked at.
Copyright © 1997-2024
Peter Dennler, Fachschule für Tasteninstrumente, Riva San Vitale TI